For the sauce
- 250ml orange juice (freshly squeezed is best!)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 40g brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Cornstarch slurry - 1 tbsp cornstarch 2 tbsp water mixed
For the tofu
- 560g firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp cornstarch / corn flour (enough to coat all tofu)
- Press your tofu to get any excess liquid out and pat dry
- Break apart and put into a bowl as shown to create your tofu chunks
- Sprinkle on the garlic powder and cornstarch
- Shake/ mix until it’s evenly coated on the tofu
- Spray with a neutral oil and pop in the air fryer at 200•c for 7 mins, give it a shake spray again then put it back in for another 7 mins (or until as crispy as you like!)
- In another pan heat the sauce ingredients and corn flour slurry
- Once it starts to thicken, simmer on a low heat for approx 10 mins.
- Add in your tofu and mix well, cook together on a low heat until the sauce clings to the tofu and it’s just super sticky!
- Serve with rice, spring onion and sesame seeds.