Gluten Free Lemon & Potato Drizzle Cake
Leftover potatoes never tasted so good! Grab your apron and bake up a storm with our delicious gluten free lemon & potato drizzle cake.
- 200g leftover potatoes
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g Morrisons Perfectly Buttery
- 150g ground almonds
- 50g gluten free SR Flour
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
For the lemon drizzle
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Peel, chop and boil your leftover potatoes until tender. Then mash and cool them ready for use
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla, lemon zest and cold mash slowly.
- Whisk the egg whites to peak.
- Fold in the flour, ground almonds, lemon juice and baking powder into the butter & sugar mix.
- Divide the mixture between one large or two prepared tins, level off using the back of a tablespoon, and bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 180℃ for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Use a skewer to test if the batter is cooked before removing the cake from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- With a cocktail stick pierce several holes in the cake so the lemon drizzle can soak through the cake.
- Mix the lemon drizzle topping.
- Pour over the cake in small amounts.
- Leave to rest ½ a day before eating to allow the drizzle to crystallise.