100% of Morrisons fresh meat is British, 100% of the time. Here, our friends at the National Sheep Association share their top reasons for choosing home-reared lamb - with some suggestions from our recipe book on how to get the best out of the counter cuts you buy at Morrisons.
1. You can buy lamb in a variety of different cuts (including chops, leg, shoulder and loin) to suit all kinds of recipes, whether you’re cooking a traditional roast for Sunday lunch or want to try a more exotic and spicy dish for a party or midweek date-night supper.
2. Sheep farming has shaped the British landscape. Buying home produced lamb helps sheep farmers stay in business, and gives them the income they need to continue caring for the land in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way.
3. Sheep support wildlife and plant biodiversity. Without them our grassland would become overgrown and less attractive as a habitat to plants, small mammals and ground nesting birds.
4. Around 60% of UK farmland is only suitable to grow grass. Sheep are a sustainable way of converting this land into healthy and delicious food that our growing population can eat.
5. When you buy fresh lamb from Morrisons, the Red Tractor logo means critical steps of the food supply chain have been independently inspected to ensure top quality standards.
Harissa Spiced Roast Lamb with Honey Roasted Carrots
Spice up your Sunday Roast with this twist on a traditional favourite.
Try the recipe here and buy your ingredients online >>
Rosemary-Crusted Rack of Lamb with Sticky Shallots
A rich and flavourful dinner for two. Tenderstem broccoli and dauphinoise potatoes are the ideal accompaniments to this special-occasion dish.