Batch cooking veggie paella
Who doesn’t love batch cooking? Our veggie paella not only helps you save money, it brings a taste of Spain to your kitchen too, packed full of asparagus, peppers, broccoli and drizzled with zesty lemon 🥘🍋 Made with a handful of ingredients, which you may already have in your fridge and cupboard!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 100g red pesto (green is also fine if already in your cupboard)
- 300g paella rice
- 1 litre veg stock
- 125 asparagus tips
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Lemon & parsley oil drizzle (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100ml olive oil
- Bunch of parsley
How to make our fresh and zesty veggie paella:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and heat 2 tbsps of olive oil in a large, non-stick pan.
- Add your garlic and cook for 1 min, stirring as you go until fragrant before adding your onions and pepper and cooking for a further 8-10 mins until softened.
- Add your pesto and paella rice and stir until all your rice is coated before adding your stock, asparagus, broccoli and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir and then pop in the oven for 40 mins until your rice has absorbed all of your stock and is starting to become golden on top.
- If serving with a lemon and parsley drizzle simply blitz your lemon juice, oil and parsley together.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle all over with your lemon and parsley oil and serve for the whole family to enjoy! Why not pop any leftovers in the fridge for a quick and easy mid-week lunch!