Quorn Cottage Pie
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 100g frozen peas, or mixed veg
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, reduced salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste in 1 tbsp cold water
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until softened.
- Add the Quorn Mince, frozen veg, vegetable stock, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the cornflour made into a paste with the tablespoon of cold water and continue to simmer gently, stirring all the time, until thickened. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the topping over the Quorn mince filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp.
- Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.