Sweet Potato and Vegetable Curry - £4.96
- 1x Bag Fresh Chillies 55p
- 1x Wonky Pepper 90p
- 1x large sweet potato 50p
- 300g x Savers Rice 45p
- 1x Morrisons Garlic 30p
- 3x Wonky onions 50p
- 1x tin savers plum tomatoes 28p
- 1x Courgette 33p
- 1x medium curry powder £1.15
For the rice:
- Place the rice in a bowl and wash the rice under running cold water for 5 minutes.
- To make the rice place the onions, oil, chilli, salt and cook over a low heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the rice and water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down cover with a lid and cook on a low heat until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Remove the rice from the heat and separate and fluff up the rice with a fork.
For the curry:
- Add the sliced onions, chilli, pepper, sweet potato, garlic, oil, and salt to a pan and cook over a low heat until the onions are soft.
- Mix the curry powder with the water and add to the pan.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes into large chunks and add the juice and tomatoes to the pan.
- Cook the curry until the sweet potato chunks are cooked through.
- Add the courgettes and sugar cook until tender.
- Check the seasoning and serve.