Spotting the symptoms
Cold and flu symptoms are very similar and it can be hard to tell the difference. Here’s what to look for if you’re feeling under the weather.
Symptoms tend to come on gradually and include:
- Sore throat
- Blocked and runny nose
- Generally feeling unwell
Signs of flu come on all of a sudden and can...
- Include a headache, fever and aching muscles
- Make you feel too poorly to carry on with everyday activities
When to see a GP
Colds tend to clear up within a couple of weeks. See your GP if:
- Your cold has lasted more than three weeks
- Your cough lasts for longer than three weeks and /or you suffer from long term lung condition
- Your symptoms suddenly get worse
- You are having breathing difficulties
- You have chest pain or are coughing up blood-stained mucus
Visit one of our in-store Pharmacies if you have any questions or need further advice about managing your cold symptoms. Always read the labels on any cold remedies you buy, and if your symptoms worsen or you are unsure as to how serious they are please consult your GP.