Winners Ice Cream Sandwiches
Strawberry ice cream sandwiched in two rich teas? That’s the kind of doubles we’re on board with 👀🎾.
Serve up these cheap and cheerful ice cream sarnies made with everyone’s favourite biscuit and fresh British strawberries 🍓.
Serves: 8 sandwiches
Cooking Time: (incl prep) 20 mins plus macerating & freezing time
- 900ml tub clotted cream ice cream (vanilla is also fine)
- 400g strawberries tops removed and halved
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Squeeze of lemon
- 450g jar strawberry jam
- 16 rich tea biscuits
- Start by adding your strawberries to a large bowl, add your sugar and lemon, stir and leave in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Five mins before your strawberries are ready, remove your ice cream from the freezer to soften slightly.
- Remove your ice cream from the tub and add to your bowl of macerated strawberries and gently mix.
- Scoop your mix back into the tub and flatten before popping in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Once your ice cream is ready, remove from the freezer. Spread a dollop of jam onto a Rich Tea biscuit, top with a scoop of ice cream, flatten slightly and then top with another dollop of jam and a Rich Tea biscuit for the perfect Wimbledon sandwich.