Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 50g basil leaves
- 25g flat parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60g toasted pumpkin seeds
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 70g finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the pumpkin seeds that you've scooped out of your carved pumpkin, then dry them on a kitchen towel.
- Weigh about 200g and toss then with 1 tsp of oil and a good pinch of salt.
- Bake the seeds on a non-stick baking tray in a preheated oven 170 C until toasted and crisp.
- Allow the seeds to cool.
- In a food processor blend the oil, garlic, lemon juice and a touch of seasoning.
- Roughly chop your herbs, add them to the food processor with your toasted pumpkin seeds until they are all blended together - be careful not to over blend the herbs.
- Add the parmesan, give it a good mix and pour into a container.
Top tip: This pesto also freezes really well.