Festive Alcohol Free Mulled Caramel Cider
Mulled Alcohol Free Cider
- 1 Litre Alcohol Free Cider
- Peel of 1 orange sliced
- 6 cloves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 allspice berries
- 2 bay leaves
Caramel Syrup Ingredients
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- To make the caramel syrup add half the water to te sugar and bring to the boil in a small heavy bottom pan. Do not stir otherwise your sugar will crystallize. Cook until the sugar turns to a golden caramel similar to golden syrup, carefully add the remaining water and vanilla essence, and pour into a glass jar to cool.
- To make the mulled Cider bring all the ingredients to the boil and infuse on a low heat or slow cooker for at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk in 100g butter before serving.
- Pour into your chosen glass mug.
- Add a cinnamon stick to garnish.
- Add a good drizzle of the caramel syrup.
- Dust with ground nutmeg.