Leftover Cheeseboard Bake
Leftover cheese filling up your cheese waiting to be forgotten about? It’s not a bad problem to have with our leftover cheeseboard bake! Leftover roasties, caramelised white onions, crispy pancetta and stuffing in a cheeseboard bechamel – you’ll be saving cheese on purpose! 🧀
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g smoked streaky bacon rashers roughly chopped
- 2 white onions sliced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1kg leftover roast potatoes torn into rough chunks
- 150g leftover stuffing crumbled
- 50g butter
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 200g leftover cheeseboard cheesees grated/crumbled/chopped into small chunks (Stilton, Cheddar, Brie, Camembert, Gouda, Emmental, Goats cheese etc...)
- 5 tbsp leftover cheeseboard chutneys (tomato, onion, cranberry etc...)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large, deep casserole pan over a medium heat and add your smoked bacon, fry for 10 mins until crispy, remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add your onions, garlic and rosemary to the pan and fry for a few mins until translucent, softened and fragrant. Add your potatoes and stuffing, give a stir, remove from the heat and pop to one side.
- Heat another large, non-stick pan over a medium-low heat and add your butter and flour and whisk together. Continuously whisk whilst adding the milk a bit at a time. Once smooth, add a big pinch of salt and pepper followed by Dijon and thyme. Bring to the boil ensuring to whisk continuously.
- Remove from the heat and stir through your leftover cheeseboard cheeses (leaving a handful aside) until melted. Pour into your pan of potatoes, onion and stuffing, add your bacon and give a good stir so all fully coated.
- Sprinkle with your remaining cheese and dollop with leftover chutneys before popping in the oven for 20 mins until hot and bubbling. A warming and hearty bake perfectly served with mixed greens.