Bourbon and Blood Orange Cocktail
If you thought this was a dessert, think again… It’s a cocktail. Sweet meets sour with this bourbon and blood orange cocktail topped with meringue, perfect to enjoy over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
Visit drinkaware.co.uk for the facts.
Serves - 4
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Angostura bitters
- 150ml bourbon
- 500ml blood orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 125g caster sugar
- Orange slices to garnish
- Whisk the egg whites until you can make stiff peaks then gradually add the sugar, whisking into stiff peaks with each spoonful. Add the mixture into a piping bag.
- Put the bourbon, Angostura, maple syrup and some ice in a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Divide the mixture between 4 glasses and top up with the orange juice.
- Pipe the meringue on top of each drink and using a blow torch gently brown the tops of the meringues.
- Garnish with orange, serve and enjoy!