Creme Egg Truffles
Makes 10 truffles
- 10 mini creme eggs, unwrapped
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 150g all-butter shortbread biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 150g milk chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g sprinkles - choose your favourites like chocolate sprinkles or funfetti
- Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar in a large bowl. Add the shortbread crumbs, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and mix until combined - this should be a stiff mixture you can now shape.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, flatten out and place a creme egg in the middle. Wrap the mixture around the creme egg and roll into a ball shape. Roll in the sprinkles and place on a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining creme eggs and mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour 30 mins before serving. Enjoy!