Carling Golden Can Promotion 2018 – Full Terms and Conditions
1. Application: These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Claim instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions. All participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. Age & Residency: The promotion is open to residents of England and Wales only aged 18 years or over. Proof of age and residence may be required.
3. Exclusions: The promotion excludes employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; employees of XSEM Limited; employees of PowerForce Field Marketing and Retail Services Limited; employees of a Participating Retailer (see paragraph 4 below); employees of HAVAS London and anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
4. How to enter: For a chance of winning a prize, participants must purchase a Promotional Pack of CARLING in a Participating Retailer. Not all Promotional Packs are available at all Participating Retailers.
A Promotional Pack is: Carling Lager 12x440ml; Carling Lager 18x440ml; Carling Lager 20x440ml; Carling Apple Cider 12x440ml; and Carling Apple Cider 18x440ml.
A Participating Retailer is: Tesco (40 prizes in total available); Morrisons (14 prizes in total available); ASDA (20 prizes in total available); Best One (1 prize in total available); Budgens (2 prizes in total available); Costcutter (1 prize in total available); Go Local (1 prize in total available); Londis (2 prizes in total available); Nisa (7 prizes in total available); Premier (6 prizes in total available); SPAR (6 prizes in total available).
If a Promotional Pack contains a promotional golden can flashed with “THIS CAN IS A WINNER – YOU’VE SCORED £1,000” and underneath the foil lid of the can has a 10-digit unique reference number (“Golden Can”), subject to completion of the validation and verification process requirements at paragraph 6 below, the participant will win a prize. Entrants must retain proof of purchase and their Golden Can for verification purposes.
Promotional Packs will be in Participating Retailers from 28.05.18, subject to availability. The placement of Promotional Packs into Participating Retailers will be staggered over the period of the promotion, with all Promotional Packs being in Participating Retailers by 31.08.18.
5. Opening Date and Closing Date: The promotion opens on 28 May 2018 and closes on 31 December 2018 or until all prizes have been claimed whichever is the sooner (the “Closing Date”). Claims must be made by the Closing Date - claims received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
6. Prize Redemption/Claim Verification: Claimants must call 0800 810 8002 (Freephone from landlines and mobiles) on or before the Closing Date in order to claim their prize. The Promoter’s third party agent “XSEM” will handle all prize claims. Call operators are available from Monday to Friday during the hours of 09.00hrs – 17.00hrs (GMT). If a claimant telephones outside these normal hours, claimants must leave a voicemail with their name and contact telephone number and the agent will return their call within 72 hours. It is the responsibility of the claimant to provide clear contact details when leaving a voicemail. When XSEM speaks to the claimant, they will be asked to confirm their full name, address, date of birth and 10-digit unique reference number. In addition, the claimant will be asked to confirm which Promotional Pack they found their Golden Can. XSEM will also ask the claimant to provide proof of purchase and possession of Golden Can – this can be done by taking a photograph of the Golden Can and till receipt or XSEM will arrange postage with the claimant (at the Promoter’s cost). Once XSEM receives proof of purchase, a photo of the Golden Can, the claimant’s details and unique reference number and cross checked against their records, the claimant will receive their prize pursuant to paragraph 7 below. Unless instructed by XSEM, claimants must not send their till receipt and Golden Can by any other method as doing so will invalidate the claim. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for claims and receipts that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay, postal strike, postal issue, telephone issue or other reason whatsoever.
7. Prizes: There are a maximum of 100 (one hundred) prizes available. 100 winning Golden Cans will be fairly and randomly distributed independently amongst stocks of non-promotional CARLING products. 1 Golden Can = 1 prize. Only one prize permitted per person. The prize distribution for each Participating Retailer is set out in paragraph 4 above but the Promoter cannot be held responsible for any supply chain changes by the Participating Retailers.
Each prize is 1 x £1,000 (one thousand pounds Sterling). Each prize will be given by means of a personal cheque made payable to the claimant. Claimants will receive their cheque by recorded post within 28 (twenty-eight) days of the Promoter verifying that the person is a valid claimant. Cheques must be cashed within 6 (six) months from the date on the cheque. It is the responsibility of the prize claimant to supply the correct personal information for the cheque and the postal address.
Any prize images and images of Golden Cans used on marketing materials may not be representative of the actual prize. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of the cheque caused by the provision of wrong information, postal dispute or causes beyond its control. The Promoter is not liable for delayed or non-delivery of prizes for any reason beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to loss or theft in transit or any failure by the winner to accept delivery of a prize for any reason.
Golden Cans must not be sold for commercial gain in any way, including on online auction sites. If the Promoter becomes aware that a winning Golden Can has been made available for sale, bought or sold, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to redeem the winning Golden Can without payment of compensation to the claimant who submits the relevant Golden Can for verification purposes.
In the event for any reason more prizes are claimed than are available, a simple prize draw will take place for the prizes. If for any reason, none or not all of the 100 Golden Cans are claimed by the Closing Date, no additional Golden Cans will be made available. The prizes in whole or in part are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash or alternative prize will be offered in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the claimant.
The decision of the Promoter in all matters relating to this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion without prior notice if necessary due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any participant or third party of cheating, deception, or fraudulent conduct of any kind the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any participant or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the promotion or claiming a prize.
The Promoter does not take responsibility for, recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of third parties associated with a prize and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
If it becomes apparent that a participant is using/has used computer(s) to circumvent these conditions by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s claim will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
Prize winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity as reasonably required by the Promoter.
The Promoter will collect personal information from claimants for the purposes of administering this promotion and will share this personal information with its marketing agency and prize providers including but not limited to XSEM who will be supporting the Promoter with the promotion. This includes contacting the claimant via telephone and email and publicising information about the prize claimant by post.
The name and county of the successful claimants will be available by sending a SAE to Carling Golden Can Promotion, Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited, 137 High Street, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1JZ for 28 days after the Closing Date for a period of 3 months.
With the exception of death or personal injury arising out of the Promoter’s negligence or the negligence of its associated companies, its agents, its employees, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law, all liability whatsoever on the part of the Promoter or its associated companies, its agents, its employees for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liabilities, injury or disappointment including any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings and whether special, direct, indirect, consequential, suffered by the participant howsoever arising in connection with the promotion are excluded.
These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The Promoter does not encourage excessive consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
9. Promoter: Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited whose registered office is at 137 High Street, Burton-on-Trent, DE14 1JZ, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 26018.