Sophie's Spanish Omelette/Tortilla Española
Quick and easy to make, tuck into Sophie of @Sophie_the_Flexitarian's recipe for a Spanish Omelette.
- 3/4 bag spinach
- 4 x garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 x bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 x onion, sliced finely
- 9 eggs
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2cm slices
- Chives, parsley
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- After everything is chopped, get the potatoes into a pot, covered with boiling water and boil for 8-10 mins, then drain well.
- In the meantime, dollop some butter into a large deep pan and start frying the peppers, garlic and onion.
- After they start to wilt, add the spinach gradually. Cook this for another 5 mins then turn the heat off.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs, add as much seasoning as you wish, cut some chives in and whisk.
- Turn the heat back on, add another blob of butter, mix the veg again and add the potatoes into the pan, slice by slice.
- Now you can hear it sizzling, pour the egg mixture in and make sure as much of the potatoes are as covered as possible, and turn the heat down. Let this cook for 10 mins.
- After about 10 mins, put this under the grill, letting the top and middle cook further.
- Serve with some coarsely chopped tomatoes, olive oil and salt mixed in a bowl, sliced baguette, and garnish the tomatoes and omelette with some parsley.