Salted Maple Roasted Parsnips with Crispy Pigs in Blanket Crumble
Crispy Pigs in Blanket Crumble Ingredients
- 3 the Best Sausages, cooked cooled and diced to approximately 10mm
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- Fry off the lardons and sausage in a non-stick pan.
- When the lardons and sausage are nearly crispy, add the breadcrumbs and keep frying until the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted.
- 1kg parsnips
- 70g goose fat
- 70ml maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Peel the parsnips and quarter lengthways removing any hard core.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray. Add the goose fat and good pinch of sea salt and roast in a preheated oven at 220 C until golden brown and tender.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and top with the pigs in blanket crumble.
- Cook for a further 4 minutes and serve.