Seared Salmon Fillets with Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
- 220g salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- 10g fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 75g rocket
- 1 courgette
- 1 mediterranean couscous
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Slice the tomatoes in half, tip into a baking tray, drizzle over a little oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Crush the garlic cloves, tear up the basil leaves, juice and zest the lemon and set these aside.
- Slice the courgette into small pieces. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Gently fry the courgette for 5-8 minutes or so, turning regularly.
- In a separate pan heat a drizzle of oil over a medium heat. Add the salmon fillets skin side down and cook for 3 minutes, carefully turn the salmon over and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Until the salmon is cooked through.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking prepare the couscous using the instructions on the packet.
- When the tomatoes are ready, remove from the oven. Tip the crushed garlic, torn basil, lemon juice and zest into the baking tray with the tomatoes. Give the tray a good shake so the roasted tomatoes are coated.
- Make a bed of couscous on a plate, add some courgettes, the salmon fillet, top with the tomatoes and the juices from the pan and the rocket
leaves. Season with a little pepper and dig in.