Dark Death Espresso Martini
Pumpkin spiced syrup ingredients
- 80g grated pumpkin
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 70g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 170g caster sugar
- 125ml water
- Bring all the ingredients to the boil.
- Simmer until the pumpkin is soft enough to blend.
- Blend together with a hand blender or food processor.
- Pass the syrup through a fine sieve store in a glass bottle or jam jar.
Dark Death Cocktail ingredients - serves 2
- 120ml vodka
- 1 strong shot of espresso, 60ml made and cooled
- 70ml Kahlua
- 2 handfuls ice
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spiced syrup
- Coffee beans, to garnish
- Activated charcoal powder or black food colouring, to colour
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Colour the liquid with the charcoal or food colouring until dark black.
- Add the ice and shake for 1 minute.
- Strain into cold martini glasses.
- Garnish the drinks with 3 coffee beans.
- Add strands of white cotton candy floss around the edge of the glass.