- 650g icing sugar
- 500g softened salted butter
- 30ml milk
- Red and pink gel icing
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl, starting whisking slowly but then whisk on high to achieve a smooth frosting. If you are making two separate colours, split your mix into two bowls and then mix the colour thoroughly into each.
To make the antennae:
- 1/3 pack modeling icing - about 80g
- Red gel food colouring
- Cocktail sticks
- Heart shaped cutter or a small craft knife
- Add a small amount of red gel colouring to the modeling icing. Kneed in till you achieve a smooth colour.
- Roll out your icing to the thickness of a 50p. To stop from sticking to your work counter. sprinkle icing sugar underneath it.
- Use a knife/ cutter to cut out heart shapes from the modeling icing. Pop a cocktail stick into the bottom of the heart to create your antennae and set them aside to firm. You will need to make 24 in total.
- Piping bags
- Grass icing tip
- Edible eyes
- Fill your piping bag(s) with your chosen colours and pipe a grass/fur texture on the top of your cupcakes using short sharp squeezes on the piping bag; working in circles around the top of the cupcake. Start around the edge and work inwards. You want to overlap each circle to create a layered fluffy look.
- Pop your edible eyes and antennae on to complete your Love Bugs.