Chickpea, Courgette & Beef Koftas
200g beef mince
1 tin of chickpeas, drained and crushed (240g)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 courgette, grated
1 Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp paprika
1 egg, beaten
150ml vegetable oil
4 flatbreads, (Optional serving suggestion)
4 tbsp tzatziki, (Optional serving suggestion)
1 red onion, sliced, (Optional serving suggestion)
1 Lettuce, shredded, (Optional serving suggestion)
1. Mix all the kofta ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Add cumin, turmeric and paprika and mix together with a spoon until well combined.
3. Run hands under water, this will help to shape the kofta mix so they don’t stick. Shape into a small egg shape.
4. Repeat for all 12, or until the mixture is gone. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes so your kofta keep their shape when frying.
5. Add oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Test oil with breadcrumbs, if they sizzle, it’s ready.
6. Add 3 kofta to the pan and cook for 6-9 minutes, or until meat is cooked, you’ll want to turn them over occasionally so they cook evenly.
7. Once cooked, place on a lined baking tray and place in the oven on a low heat to keep warm whilst cooking the rest of the koftas.
8. Place flatbread on to a plate and spread tzatziki over them, next add your lettuce and onion and top with 3 koftas, ready for serving.