Whiskey Maple Syrup Pancakes
We’re creating brilliantly boozy pancakes this week with @JaneyFoodLover. Not just for Shrove Tuesday, this sweet treat uses store cupboard essentials and is simple enough to whip up any time. The Whiskey Maple sauce made with Jamesons Irish Whiskey (was £30, now £24 for 1L in store today!) is just the icing on the cake, if you excuse our pun. They taste flipping good, too! Save some for us…
For the pancakes:
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
For the maple whiskey sauce:
- 125ml maple syrup
- 60ml Jameson's Whiskey
- 1 tbsp butter
- +chopped peanuts
For the pancakes
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients for the pancake batter.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and let rest for 5 minutes.
For the syrup
- In a small pot over low heat combine maple syrup, whiskey and butter.
- Stir until butter is melted and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a jug.
- Fry the pancakes in a pan with a bit of oil or melted butter until golden brown on both sides.
- Assemble your pancake stack, top with chopped peanuts and drizzle with the Whiskey maple syrup.