The Ultimate Breakfast Board
Start Mother’s Day the right way with the ultimate breakfast board. Because where’s the fun in brekkie in bed if you can’t share? Which side are you on?
Serves - 4-8 (plus leftovers for brekkie the next day)
Time - 40 mins
For team cooked:
- 3 tbsps olive oil (1 for sausages, 1 for tomatoes & 1 for eggs)
- 210g streaky bacon
- 400g sausages
- 6 hash browns
- Vine tomatoes
- 415g tin baked beans
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices of white/brown bread
- Butter to spread on bread
- Chopped chives to serve
For team continental:
- A selection of pastries & muffins
- 120g continental meats
- 175g of cheeses sliced or cut into cubes (e.g. Cheddar, Gouda, Gruyere, Manchego etc...)
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 100g granola
- 300g fruit (e.g. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc...)
- Honey to drizzle on yogurt
- Jam to spread on pastries
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line 3 baking trays (1 large and 2 medium) with baking paper. On the largest tray lay out your streaky bacon in a single layer and season with a crack of pepper, in one of the medium baking trays, add your sausages, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. In your other medium tray, lay out your hash browns.
- Start by popping your tray of sausages in the oven for 30 mins. After 5 mins, add your hash browns. When your sausages only have 15-20 mins left, add your tray of bacon. When there is only 10 mins left, squeeze your hash browns to one side and add your tomatoes to the empty side before drizzling with 1 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of seasoning and returning to the oven.
- After adding your tomtoes to the oven, pop your beans in a pan and heat gently over a medium-low heat. While your beans heat, add 1 tbsp oil to a small-medium non-stick skillet pan over a medium heat. Once hot, crack in your eggs and cook until your egg white is set. Season with salt and pepper and scatter with chives!
- Pop your bread in the toaster! Remove your sausages, bacon, hash browns and tomatoes from the oven. You are now ready to create your board.
- Pop any items such as beans, yogurt, granola, honey and spreads in bowls. Pop your skillet of eggs and bowl of beans on one side and arrange all other cooked ingredients loosely around. Pop all Continental bowls on the other side and loosely arranged pastries, meats, cheese and fruit around.