10 minute Strawberry Custard Doughnut Trifle
It’s true, doughnuts are what we do best 🍩 If you loooooove them just as much as us, you dough-not want to miss out of our 10 minute Strawberry Custard Doughnut Trifle. Yep, that’s right - there’s doughnuts in there.
Prep and assemble time: 10 minutes
- 1.2kg strawberries
- 600ml double cream
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 12-15 custard doughnuts
- 600ml fresh custard
- 50-100g almond flakes or silvered almonds
- For the strawberry puree, wash 800g of strawberries, cut the ends and blitz them in a food processor or blender with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar until smooth and sauce like.
- For the cream, whip the cold cream (straight out of the fridge) with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar until it lightly thickens and forms a peak.
- For the base layer, add half of the custard to the bottom of the trifle or glass dish.
- For the next layer, cut 6-7 doughnuts into quarters and place on top of the custard. Pour a generous layer of the strawberry puree on top.
- Place cut strawberries around the glass dish then add a layer of cream.
- Repeat this process again with a layer or custard, doughnut, strawberry puree, strawberry slices, cream and more strawberries and almond flakes to decorate with on top.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set and enjoy.