Market Street Ingredients
- Market Street Truffle Brie
- The Best Cropwell Bishop Stilton
- Market Street White Stilton, Cranberry, Golden Raisin & Amaretto
- Market Street Red Fox
- Market Street Old Amsterdam
- Davidstow Mature Cheddar
- Tomato & Sesame Seed Crackers
- Pumpkin and Emmental Thins
- Sourdough Muesli Thins
- Market Street Deli Spanish Selection
- Spanish Fuet
- Morrisons The Best Continental Meat Selection
Additional Ingredients - all available in store
- Morrisons the Best Uniced Christmas Cake Sliced
- Morrisons the Best Market Street Figs
- Morrisons the Best Sable Grapes
- Morrisons the Best Mixed Nuts
- Morrisons the Best Spanish Honey
- Celery, cut into batons
- Grab your favourite cheeseboard, wooden chopping board or festive platter.
- Cut up the cheeses to your taste and arrange on your board or platter.
- Pop out a selection of the crackers, cheese straws and cooked meats.
- Add a handful of grapes, nuts, figs and celery batons.
- Finish nicely with some slices of the Best Christmas Cake.
- Add baked apples and homemade plum chutney to give your board some extra special sparkle.
Baked Apples Ingredients
- 2 Granny smith apples
- ½ tsp oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Heat the oven to 180 C.
- Half the apples and brush with the lemon juice then the oil.
- Place the apples cut face up on a non-stick baking tray for 25 minutes until baked.
Spiced Plum Chutney Ingredients
- 1½ kg ripe plums
- 500g cooking apples
- 2 oranges
- 200g dried figs, chopped finely
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300ml red wine vinegar
- 500g demerara sugar
- Halve the plums and remove the centre stone, then peel, core and dice the apples.
- Finely grate the zest from the oranges and squeeze the juice.
- Place in a large pan with the plums and diced apples.
- Add the figs, cranberries, ginger, cinnamon, vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 1 hour, stirring from time to time, until thick and syrupy.
- Wash 2 to 3 jam jars in warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly in warm water and dry. Place in a moderate oven for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Carefully ladle the syrup into the clean, warmed jars, cover the tops with a circle of wax paper and seal with a disc of cling film or the jar lid.
- Allow the jars to cool, label and store in a cool place. Use within 6 months.