Veggie Fajita Loaded Nachos
More Mexican feasting... Our veggie fajita nachos will ‘guac’ your world, perfect for sharing with your family and friends this weekend.
- 3 tbsp olive oil (2 for pan and 1 for guacamole)
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large red & 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/2 for pan and 1/2 for guacamole)
- 400g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 180g lightly salted tortilla chips
- Large handful jalapenos
- 100g Cheddar
- 200g tub salsa
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
To serve (optional)
- Large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 100ml soured cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add your onions, pepper and juice of half a lemon to the pan and cook for 5 mins, stirring as you go until softened. Add your black beans and cook for a further couple of mins. Taste and season.
- Pour half your tortilla chips into a layer in an oven-proof dish and then layer half of your pan of veggies and beans evenly over the top. Top with the rest of your tortilla chips and evenly distribute the rest of your veggies and beans on top.
- Evenly sprinkle over jalapenos, Cheddar and then dollop with salsa before popping in the oven for 10 mins until your cheese has melted and tortillas are golden.
- Whilst you wait, mix your avo with the rest of the lemon, a tbsp of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Remove from the oven, top with guacamole, dollop with soured cream and sprinkle with coriander. An absolute Mexican fiesta of flavours that are sure to beat your Friday night takeaway, so dig in and get sharing.