Meet The Dogfather. Our big boozy banger BBQ’d to perfection and sandwiched in a fluffy foot long roll topped with crispy onion, cheats remoulade, pickles and mustard. Try it for yourself 👇
Serves: 4 plus extra remoulade
Cooking Time: 30 mins
For the remoulade:
- 1 small celeriac peeled and cut into thin strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp drained capers
For the crispy onions:
- 2 white onions peeled and sliced
- 750ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
For the hot dogs:
- 4 Morrisons big boozy bangers
For the rest:
- 4 Morrison's footlong hot dog buns sliced part way down the centre horizontally
- 2 tbsp chopped pickles
- 4 tbsp American mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Fire up the BBQ whilst you prep other ingredients. Mix all remoulade ingredients in a bowl with a large pinch of salt and pepper and pop to one side.
- For the crispy onions heat your oil in a large pan until hot (test by dropping a breadcrumb into the oil if it sizzles your oil is hot enough). Add half of your onions and fry for 5 mins until browned and crispy. Repeat for your second batch and then toss the onions in a little salt and pepper plus garlic powder.
- Cook your hot dogs on the BBQ for 20 mins until cooked through, ensuring to turn every now and then so they are evenly coloured. When your hot dogs have a coup;e of mins left add your hot dog rolls, slit side down to create griddle lines.
- Fill each roll with remoulade followed by a boozy banger and top with crispy onions, chopped pickles, mustard and chives.