Create a virtual date night
Check out the above video for top tips from our friend @whatwillycook. You can create the perfect virtual date night with his steak and garlic butter recipe so you can enjoy a Valentine’s Day to remember, even if you can’t spend it together.
Tip number 1, make sure your wifi is definitely working…
- 1 ribeye steak
- Chunky homestyle frozen chips
- Half a pack of salted butter
- Handful fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Tbs olive oil
1. Heat oven to 220ºC and pop in your chips. Cook as per instructions, but I recommend to cook 3 minutes extra so they are a little extra crispy.
2. Soften your butter in a bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Peel two cloves of garlic and add them to a food processor with a handful of fresh parsley. Add your butter and blitz.
3. Cut a triangle of baking paper and spread your butter out on it. It should be soft and you should be able to roll it into a sort of sausage shape in the paper. Stick this sausage in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
4. Season your steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Get a frying pan screaming hot and add a splash of olive oil. Sear your steak for about a minute on both sides. Then bash a clove of garlic and chuck it into the pan with a tablespoon of butter. Allow the garlic to infuse with the melting butter and use a spoon to baste the steak for a minute or so on each side. Remove the steak from the heat and let it rest for 4 minutes or so.
5. Get your chips out and serve up with your steak. Use a sharp knife to slice a disk of herby garlic butter and top your steak with it. Enjoy the romance.