We’ve put together some important information to help answer your questions about Morrisons – whether you're a customer, an investor or from the media. So why not browse the popular topics we’ve listed below to find out more about us.
What is Morrisons refund policy?
- If you would like to return or exchange an item you have bought, just return the item within 30 days. You will need to provide proof of purchase and we will refund the cost. If you have simply changed your mind and no longer require an item, that's fine but, the item must be returned in its original packaging and in a re-saleable condition. This policy does not apply to: Tobacco products and electronic cigarettes CDs, DVDs and computer software. Fireworks. Alcohol. Pierced jewellery and cosmetics Gift cards, postage stamps, E top-ups, lottery tickets and scratch cards. Items bought from Morrisons Daily This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights if good are faulty or not as described.
Do you sell Halal meat?
- We respect the fact that some religious communities want to eat food produced in accordance with their beliefs and sell branded halal and kosher products where there is strong customer demand. It‘s clear from the labelling that these products are halal or kosher. Customers who do not wish to purchase halal or kosher products can choose Morrisons-branded fresh meat in full confidence that all animals are stunned and no prayer is read at slaughter. The same applies to all of the meat sold from our in-store butchers counters.
What is Morrisons policy on the sale of alcohol?
- We are clear to our customers that alcohol is a product for adults. Our priority is to ensure that customers have the information they need to drink responsibly and that sales are only made to those over the age of 18. Our staff will ask anyone attempting to buy alcohol who looks under 25 to prove their age. You can find more information on this web page http://www.morrisons.com/corporate/policy/Alcohol/
Do you have restrictions on the sales of analgesic tablets?
- In line with best practice guidance from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), sales of medicines for pain relief are restricted to a maximum of two packs in any one transaction.
What is your policy for buying items in bulk?
- We reserve the right to limit the number of items on special offer that can be purchased in one transaction or by any individual. This policy is designed to ensure that our regular retail customers have a chance to take advantage of the fantastic deals we offer by preventing other traders from buying our products in bulk. Please see individual offer terms and conditions for details of particular restrictions.
What does Morrisons do to ensure they’re an environmentally and socially responsible business?
- We invest in our people, products and systems, so that we can meet future needs and be resilient to change. We recognise that resource management and being a positive influence to society is central to sustainable growth.
What is Morrisons policy on animal welfare and testing?
- We take animal welfare seriously, from working with farmers to the point of slaughter. All Morrisons own brand personal care and cosmetic products (including things like shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste) are certified as ‘not tested on animals’ by the Cruelty Free International Humane Cosmetics Standard, symbolised by the Leaping Bunny logo.
Do any Morrisons foods contain genetically modified ingredients?
- We do not use genetically modified ingredients in any of our own brand products.
How much of Morrisons food is sourced in Britain?
- When the quality, quantity and value are there we will always source British first. We have consistently sought to work with the British farming industry to source as much produce as possible from UK farmers and growers.
What is Morrisons doing to reduce packaging waste?
- We are working collaboratively to reduce the carbon impact of packaging in food retail by reducing weight, increasing recyclability and increasing recycled content in our packaging.
How does Morrisons ensure better employment and working conditions abroad?
- We recognise the responsibility we share with our suppliers to ensure that the people who make our products are treated fairly and work in safe conditions.
How is Morrisons reducing their carbon footprint?
- The threat of climate change requires action from government, business and individuals. We are reducing our carbon footprint and helping our customers make the right choices.
Tell me more about Morrisons history
- Morrisons started as a Bradford market stall in 1899 and over the years we have grown into a superstore. We are now the UK’s fourth largest food retailer. Read more about our 100 years of history that was built on freshness, service and value here -https://www.morrisons-corporate.com/about-us/company-history/
How does a company like Morrisons work?
- We manage almost every aspect of our commercial operation in-house, including fresh fruit and vegetables, meat processing and transport. Find out how we do it here -https://www.morrisons-corporate.com/about-us/strategy-structure/
How is Morrisons performing?
- You can view all our reports, track our share prices and see our financial calendar on our site. Take a look at our financial reports here -http://www.morrisons-corporate.com/Investor-Centre/Financial-reports/
I'd like some information for a student project.
- You'll find information about all aspects of our business on our help and information page.
Where can I find information for the media?
- If you are from the media and you have more questions, please direct them to our PR office.
Where can I find investor information?
- If you are an investor and you have any questions, please direct them to our investor team which you can find here - http://www.morrisons-corporate.com/Investor-Centre/Investors-team/