Sweet Yorkshire Puddings with Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce
Turn our perfect Yorkshire pudding recipe into the ultimate sweet treat, by combining it with cinnamon, ice cream and salted caramel. Crispier than a pancake, and wackier than a waffle. Yummy!
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 130g caster sugar
- 125ml golden syrup
- 125ml double cream
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, per serving
- Use our Perfect Yorkshire Puddings batter for this recipe. See above for this recipe higher up on the page.
- Make the batter and stir through the cinnamon and 2 tbsp of the sugar.
- Brush two non-stick six-hole (or one 12-hole) muffin tins with 3 tbsp vegetable oil (muffin tins will help you achieve tall puddings). Place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat. It’s very important to get the oil hot before you pour in the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the oiled muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes until crusty and golden. Don't be tempted to open the oven door part-way through, as it could stop the puddings rising.
- To make the sauce, heat the golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the rest of the sugar and cook, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns a deep golden brown. Take care not to burn the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream until well combined, then whisk in the butter and vanilla extract. Allow to cool slightly then sprinkle the salt over.
- Serve the cinnamon Yorkshires on plates with a scoop of vanilla ice cream inside and the warm caramel sauce poured over the top.