Morrisons is launching the Volcanic Curry Bag – the hottest ever supermarket curry meal for two, that includes its ‘Volcanic Vindaloo’ made with Naga chillies. So fans of the fiery burn can now enjoy the football with extra kick this summer.
A (Fiery) Feast For The Football
England fans that love their curry with an extra hot hit can now get their half time chilli hit without having to call for a takeaway this summer. The new Volcanic Curry Bag has been created especially for those who find the spice levels in ordinary meal combo bags too tame - lots of supermarket bags often contain only mild or medium heat options.
“Chilli fans love our Volcanic Vindaloo, but told us they wanted a whole meal that packed a chilli punch...so we’ve raised our curry game again.
Morrisons Ready Meals Expert, Simon Whittle
The new bag, which brings together two fiery new Morrisons products, as well as its Volcanic Vindaloo and Hot Chicken Tikka Masala, gives hard core chilli heads and curry aficionados no respite from the heat apart from the rice!
The new bag contains:
- 1 x Volcanic Vindaloo
- 1 x Hot Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 x Chilli Naans
- 4 x Spicy Onion Bhajis
- 1 x pilau rice
The Naga chillies, used in the Volcanic Vindaloo has a Scoville rating of up to one million – 200 times hotter than Tabasco Sauce or a Jalapeño. Some Naga chilli varieties are hotter than pepper spray and others have been used to develop tear gas grenades. To add even more fire, the ‘Volcanic Vindaloo’ is also topped with whole green chillies - roasted to intensify the flavour and heat - in the unlikely event that a curry fans fancy an even bigger chilli hit.
To notify customers about the Volcanic Curry Bag’s extreme heat, it carries a warning notice and the supermarket has strongly recommended that only people over the age of 16 tackle the bag.
How To Cool Things Down After A Curry
- Mix things up as you go through the meal - the rice and bread will give your mouth receptors a bit of a rest.
- As you eat, avoid the temptation to down a glass of cold water - it won't touch the oily spice chemicals you need to 'extinguish'.
- Choose milk, ice cream or yogurt instead - which contains cooling casein that can calms the burn.
- Try a teaspoon full of sugar on your tongue and let the sweetness offset the spiciness.
- Surprisingly, acidic fruit like a slice of lemon or orange can help too.
- Remember that 'lava on the tongue' only lasts around 15 minutes after eating.
The Volcanic Curry Bag is available from all Morrisons stores from 6th June until 22nd July, priced at £5.00.