- Basmati rice 500g
- Frozen mixed veg (including carrots, peas, sweetcorn)
- Curry powder
- Dried thyme
- Chicken stock cube
- Whole ginger fresh
- Chicken of your choice, we recommend chicken thighs
Puff Puff/African Buns:
- Self raising flour 500g
- Whole nutmeg
- Sunflower oil
Chicken & Fried Rice:
- Peel and chop carrots and onions and chop the ginger.
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions with water, stock cube and curry powder until tender. Once the rice is cooked and strained, heat some oil in a large frying pan or pot, and fry the carrot, onion and ginger until softened. Stir in the rice and cook until just gently browned.
- While the rice is cooking marinade the chicken by mixing a crumbled up stock cube, a pinch of curry powder, a good grind of pepper and some sesame seeds (black and white sesame seeds work great) add some oil just to bind the marinade together and rub into the chicken, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 190oc till juices run clear.
- Bind the flour egg and milk together, to make a dough
- Heat the oil for frying carefully and test with a little bit of the dough, if the dough floats and begins to colour the oil is at the correct temperature.
- Add the dough in little balls carefully into the hot oil, around 3-4 at a time, once they are floating and golden brown on all sides they are ready, place on a tray with a bit of kitchen towel so they can drain off any excess oil.
- Serve all with the fried rice