Pop the kettle on, it’s time for a biscuit!
First up this week is Selasi’s Viennese Fingers, a perfect crumbly, melt in the mouth treat that is quick, easy and delicious.
Don't just take our word for it...
- 190g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 egg yolk
- 190g plain flour
- 30g cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate (optional)
- Whisk the butter, vanilla seeds, zest and sugar until fluffy. Whisk in the yolk followed by the dry ingredients and salt. Mix briefly to a smooth paste.
- Place a 12mm star nozzle into a piping bag and fill the piping bag with the biscuit dough. Pipe 8cm logs onto a tray and chill in the freezer for 15mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 °C fan and bake the biscuits for 18 mins and allow to cool on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate and dip both ends of the cooled biscuit into the chocolate.